Thursday, February 01, 2018

CW Hemp

Long time, no post.  But I am back again to record some data on how well CW Hemp oil works.
Because my three insanely expensive prescription medications are not giving me the %100 seizure free coverage that I would like, I am going to try adding some CW Hemp Oil to the mix.  Now, just like prescriptions, the Oil does not specify an exact dosage per pound of an adult or child in order to stop various types of seizures, so it will take some experimentation.  I will attempt to record the results.  Should get my oil some time this week.
Cheers,
Scott

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Scott-It is not only the weight of a person that determines how much of a certain drug works for them because everyone is different. I forgot what the actual number is, but I think there are about twenty different anti epilepsy drugs, all being used to treat various kinds of epilepsy. Because every drug reacts to everyone different and no brain reacts the same to every drug, many drugs can be tried before a succesful one is found. That much having been said, it has taken me about ten different drugs to find the one that works for me with side effects that can be tolerated. So by saying that you have only been through three drugs before you decided to try the medicinal marijuana, regardless of he cost, is absurd in that you aren't giving the drugs anymore of a chance to work.

Unknown said...

Hi Shan O'Meara,
I neglected to mention that I have been on the vast majority of Epilepsy drugs during the last 32 years of living with epilepsy. In addition to the drugs, I have had brain surgery and also have a VNS. Some of the drugs I have taken include: Tegretol, Phenobarbitol, Vimpat, Keppra, Depekot, Dilantin, Diazipam, Lamictal, Ativan, Trileptal, Lyrica, and Topamax. Most of them worked fairly well for 2-6 years before gradually becoming less and less effective. I am truly grateful for the hard working pharmaceutical professionals who developed these medications. One of the reasons I am trying Hemp Oil is because I have run out of new prescription medications to use. As my current medications become less and less effective, I must switch.
Please feel free to follow the blog as I detail the side effects of the Hemp Oil.
Cheers!
Scott