Friday, July 07, 2006

Epilepsy Limerics: Grand Mal at the Beach

Epilepsy.Com has a Poetry Corner where they post poems submitted with themes on epilepsy. Some of them are quite good. Most are un-rymed. I prefer a bit more structure to my poetry. My favorte type of poem is the Limerick. So I thought I would write a few and then submit them. I'll post all my samples until I get one I feel is worthy.

If you have never heard a limerick before, I would recomend that you check out the definition in order to understand the structure and rhyme. You can check that out here.

As I will be taking a trip to the beach soon, I thought I would incorporate the location in my first poem. Although I have never had a tonic-clonic seizure on a beach, it seems like a fairly safe place to fall... hence the poem:

Grand Mal at the Beach!

Alive and breathing, I’m grand
At the beach there’s nothing but sand
..Its soft when you fall
..You’ll bounce like a ball
If only every-where there was sand

Coments welcome...

No comments: