Friday, May 05, 2006

In the lobby of the Epilepsy Institute of NC

While waiting in the lobby for Dr. Dean, Christa and I met 2 other VNS patients. This was a first for us as there were 2 there and we all had VNS. Amazingly enough, we had all had our implants within a 2 month span.

It was nice to be able to share some of the experinces we had with the impants. All of our incisions were healing quite well, in fact, I wouldn't have been able to tell that the young girl had a VNS except for the magnet she had hooked to her belt. The other lady was doing quite well healing as well. One thing she recomened was Curad Scar Therapy. I have not used this, but intend to. (If anyone reading this has used the product, please leave a message on how well it works!)

2 comments:

m said...

My daughter and I were there on Friday to get her VNS adjusted as well. You all must have been there earlier than our 3 o'clock appointment. Her surgery was in February, in WS. So far, we have no complaints about the experience. I like the info about the scar therapy, and so will dd.

Thanks for your blog. I think we're the folks you spoke about from Clemmons a month or so back.

Continued best wishes.
m from Clemmons! (not sure my dd would want me identifying myself more completely.)

Emeriol said...

Thx for stopping by! Let me know if you get some quatifiable results on the scar therapy stuff. While at the market yesterday, my wife and I saw several different brands.