Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Healing Wounds

VNS surgery scars are still healing. The one on my neck is still quite pink and slightly raised above the rest of the neck. The scar on my chest is pink and healing, but not quite as fast as the neck. The area of my chest near the Pulse Generator 102 still aches from time to time, but for the most part is not noticable. The wire is barely visible, although my wife, Christa, says that I am just imagining things and that the line I see is a tendon or something.

At the current level of electrical stimulation (0.25 mAmps) I cannot feel when the device sends a puls of electricity. According to a few other sites, this charge can be increased to as much as 12 mAmps. I have not read anything by Cyberonics yet regarding maximum stimulation setting.

No comments: