Friday, February 24, 2006

Settings adjusted. Increased buzzing...

I got the VNS turned up. It is now sending a charge of 0.75 mAmps for 30 seconds every 1 minute and 40 seconds. It feels pretty strong when it goes off... kinda like a big honey bee in my throat. This feeling along with a 5 second feeling of throat constriction each time it activates. So far it is more noticeable than my last setting, but that is to be expected. Hopefully I will adjust to this setting soon. They upped my magnet settings as well. When I activate it with the magnet, it feels like a hornet on steroids buzzing in my throat... but, it is shocking, but tolerable.

As this new setting is pretty noticeable, I hope it does not cause any sleep problems. Some people report insomnia or sleep apnea side effects resulting from the VNS.

No comments: