Thursday, March 16, 2006

Anticipation of buzzing...

Tommorow I get my VNS turned up to 1.0 mAmp. I suspect that it will probably drive me crazy for a few days. On the plus side, I haven't had a seizure all week long. Maybe this VNS thing is starting to work. Maybe just placebo... but for brain conditions, I'm not sure there is a difference. If the objective is to stop your brain from malfunctioning, and you are able to "trick" it by taking a substance that has no know effets, well, your brain must have figured out a way around the problem. Hence, placebo succedes! But, I digress. One mAmp seems like a lot of electrictiy... even though the VNS will push through many times more than that. I plan to go ahead and get it moved up to 1.0, then stay at that level for 3 months... or move it lower if it bothers me. The VNS physicians manual says that there was no coorelation to the amount of electricty and the results, so why push it too far. I don't know... I will keep you posted on the results.

No comments: