Thursday, January 26, 2006

VNS Activated!!!

Today I got my VNS Pulse Generator (model 102) turned on. I have to admit that I was a wee-bit nervous about it, but when it was turned on, I did not feel a thing. At this particular setting, I don't seem to experience any side-effects. Currently (pun intended) the device is pushing through .25 MilliAmps of electricity to stimulate the nerve... not so much current. I will be monitoring the effects of the device over the next 2 weeks, then going back to have the power and timing adjusted. According to the studies by Cyberonics, it takes most people quite a while to get any effect from the VNS device, so I won't hold my breath...

Hmmm... I seem to be having some tickling / scratchy feeling at the back of my throat... maybe it is the device going off. Don't know... more on side effects later

No comments: